Calling all musicians!
Millions of artists across the globe put their hearts and souls on stage trying to make it.
Make-A-Band gives YOU an opportunity to stage YOUR individual talents in front of some of the area’s best producers, musicians, art organizations, supporting businesses, and fans who LOVE MUSIC.
Click HERE and submit and become a part of the biggest musical collaboration in the state!
150 musicians will be selected to spotlight their musical talents at Whirled Pies – 199 W 8th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401 – (541) 338-9333.
Spotlight events from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Sunday, March 31 – Vocalist
Wednesday, April 3 – Guitar/Bass
Wednesday, April 10 – Keyboards, Turntables, and Sound Design
Sunday, April 14 – Drums/Percussion
Wednesday, April 17 – Last Call (any of the above)
- Schedule based on the areas of talent
- Scheduling will be on a first come first serve basis
April 18 – June 2 Practices
- Bands will prepare a 20-minute set for the final showcase.
- Songs can be covers, originals or a combination of both.
- Practice will be agreed upon by producers/bands.
- Practice space will be provided at Mac’s at the Vet Club and Whirled Pies.
Musician Performance Requirements/Eligibility:
- All ages
- Participation is free
- Minimum of 1 year experience playing music.
- No overly offensive material will be allowed on stage.
- Musicians will perform at one of the scheduled spotlight events.
- During spotlight events, musicians have 3 minutes to perform on stage.
- If more than one producer team picks a musician, it’s up to the musician to decide who they work with.
- If picked, musicians will be available for practice (practice times to be mutually agreed upon with appointed producer teams)
- Must be available for Final Showcase scheduled at McDonald Theatre June 2, 2019.
- Producers will form a MAB Team.
- Producers receive schedule of artists performing 1 week prior to spotlight event.
- Producer teams select up to six musicians to Make-A-Band at spotlight events.
- Once the musician begins their set, a producer will push the light button on the table if they want to pick that musician.
- If more than 1 producer picks a musician, it’s up to the musician to decide which producer they work with.
Producer Teams Include:
- Pedal Power
- Muzik Mogul
- 7 Circles Productions
- Dats Some Good Sound
- Track Town Records
- GRRRLZ ROCK
- KIDZ ROCK
Click HERE for contest rules